Every barren land has the potential to add value, our unique “Swasthya Medicinal Forest” project is conceptualized to convert every barren land 1 acre and above into a herb forest which will help support growth of Indian medicinal plants. These herbs will be utilized for manufacturing holistic medicines for traditional therapies and treatment and then distributed to healthcare non profits who are working with impoverished communities and the betterment of their lives.
Health is wealth, and this resonates more in current times than it ever did before, with the current growth of population and continued urbanization living conditions have deteriorated drastically over the years in major cities and towns of India. Pollution and carbon emission has led to increased respiratory diseases in these cities, leading to adult and child health complications.
There are plenty of land, lying waste around our cities and rural locations, which usually are categorized as barren land. These barren tracts of land can be covered with organic compost, watered periodically and then made ready to sustain planting and growing of Ayurvedic medicinal plants. These medicinal plants can then be used to produce holistic traditional medicines which have life sustaining properties. This approach will provide the local community with an opportunity to create a sustainable environment and livelihood.
- Identify barren tracts of land in and around cities, towns to grow medicinal herbs for the community.
- Engage local residents and educate them about the traditional medicine systems and the advantages of Indian medicinal plants.
- Create awareness about the dual advantages of cultivating medicinal forests which includes combating pollution as well as using medicinal herbs for live saving alternative medicines.
- Plant thousands of varieties of medicinal plants, trees which are local to the region then use them directly in producing traditional medicines.
- Conduct workshops and awareness camps at the location to further spread the message of traditional medicines and medicinal plants.
How you can collaborate?
Volunteer for the project
Swasthya Medicinal Forest is a continuous project which will need people to support and collaborate for gardening work, maintenance of plants and spreading the word.
If you are traditional medicine practitioner – you can collaborate with us for procuring ayur plants for manufacturing medicines.
If you don’t have the time to actively participate in our projects, then you can always support us by donating to the cause and enabling us to plant and grow more medicinal trees and convert more land into producing traditional medicine which will promote holistic healing.